Apple unveiled a completely redesigned Mac Pro during the WWDC 2013 keynote. Apple Senior Vice President of Marketing Phil Schiller presented a "sneak peek" video of the product, a very unusual move for the company.
The video revealed an overhauled case design, a polished black aluminum cylinder built around a central thermal dissipation core and vented by a single fan, which pulls air from under the case, through the core, and out the top of the case. The model is assembled in Austin, Texas.
- Processor: Intel Xeon Quad-Core, 6-Core, 8-Core, or 12-Core
- RAM: 12 GB - 16 GB, expandable up to 64 GB
- Dual AMD FirePro graphics
- 256 GB, 512 GB, or 1 TB PCIe-based flash storage
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology