Identification and Background ¶
Released June 18, 2014,the 21.5" iMac EMC 2805 features improved specifications but the same internals as its previous iteration, the EMC 2638. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number, 2805, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 processors, soldered in place and non-upgradeable. Options include:
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
- 2.9 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
- 3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
- 8 GB of soldered, non-upgradeable RAM.
- The base model is only available with 8 GB—mid and high-end models are configurable to 16 GB at time of purchase. It should be noted the 2.7 and 2.9GHz models can be upgraded, but the machine needs to be torn down completely.
- 500 GB hard drive (5400 rpm),
- Configurable to 1TB hard drive (5400 rpm), 1TB Fusion Drive or 256 GB SSD, or 512 GB SSD in mid and high-end models.
- Intel HD Graphics 5000, Iris Pro graphics or NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics processor with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory.
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.0